Friday 29 April 2016

Animation- Work Diary

I planned to photograph for an animation during my eighth shoot. Therefore I used the same studio set up and camera set up as what was used for that shoot.
The process to editing the animation however was completely different;

I started by uploading my images into Photoshop, I did this by pressing file, scripts, load files into stack. Once selecting the file that I needed to be uploaded I opened up a timeline window, I did this by pressing file on the top bar and then timeline. The use of the timeline was to allow me to turn different layers on and off for various amounts of time, which would then turn my image into a GIF. After the timeline window appears at the bottom of Photoshop I changed the create video timeline to create frame animation. Next I created a new layer for each frame by selecting select then all layers, next I pressed the menu icon and create new layer for each new frame. After this I pressed the same menu icon however next selected the make frames from layers, this was to make each layer a frame of the GIF. Next I had to change the individual speed of each frame, I chose to go with the quickest time of 0.1 sec so that the flow of the images was smooth and looked like one motion. I then decided on how long I wanted the GIF to loop for, which was forever. Now that my animation was complete I just had to save it in a format that was able to upload onto the internet.

I think that the overall outcome of my animation is decent for my first try, however there are ways to improve on the stability of each shot that would make it look better. I intend on using these extra measures the next time I intend on creating an animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment